Happy Friday!!!! The weather here is finally starting to feel like fall and it's making me feel festive for a great cocktail. It's still warm enough to sit out on the front porch, so I've got my drink in hand and my sweatshirt on...my favorite time of year!
I'm sharing a great summer to fall transitional cocktail. I love the combination of lemon and ginger, and the rosemary just reminds me it's almost Thanksgiving (hello rosemary potatoes!). All three combined together creates a sensational flavor in your mouth...give it a try and tell me what you think!
What you'll need:
4 slices of fresh ginger
2 springs of rosemary
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 ounces of gin (Hendricks is the best!)
1/2 cup of ginger beer**
lemon twist for garnish
**I recommend using Fever Tree ginger beer for the best taste. It's not super sweet like other brands.
1. Muddle rosemary, ginger, and lemon juice together in a low-ball glass (or copper mug like we did).
2. No need to strain, all the little bits just enhance the flavor!
3. Add ice to the top of the glass.
4. Add gin and then the ginger beer to top it off.
5. Garnish with your lemon twist.